Thursday, July 8, 2010 | By: Tangy

Cleaning up!

After a week of carb, chemical, and sodium-laden high-calorie food, I have decided I am sick of feeling like crap. I've noticed lately that when I eat processed foods high in sodium that I not only gain weight, but I also feel bloated and just all-over nasty. So today starts the new me! Eating right and fueling my body with high-quality fuel and keeping my heart and muscles healthy by exercise. I went to the store and got some delicious produce--fresh cherries, grapes, apples, strawberries, and blueberries. Went through my fridge and made some fresh pesto sauce with the basil I had sitting around. Here's what I put in it



2 (packed) cups of basil, stems removed

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1/2 cup pine nuts

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (I'm guessing here...I kept adding oil til it got to the consistency I wanted)



It looks and smells delicious! I love pesto in a panini with chicken, roasted red peppers, and a little mozzarella or over some whole-grain pasta--yum!



I've been enjoying my fruit all day. So far, it has been very easy for me to stick to eating clean because I am prepared with lots of healthy food! I'm going to try and transition my whole family into eating clean. I know it will be easy for me and my daughter but my husband and son are really addicted to the junk!



Today's food diary



breakfast- 2 eggs, turkey sausage, potato, and sharp cheddar. I know turkey sausage isn't technically "clean" but I really used a very small amount. Same with the cheese. A tablespoon or less. I baked some potatoes for 30 min @ 350* and then sliced them thinly and put them in a HOT nonstick skillet with a little canola oil, and seasoned them with pepper and garlic powder. Breakfast was delish!



snack- cherries



lunch- 1 cup Schwan's golden fruit blend (strawberries, pineapple, mango, and peach), 1/2 cup nonfat organic plain yogurt, 1 scoop vanilla whey, 1 tbsp flax



snack- banana with 2 tbsp Smuckers all-natural peanut butter



dinner- chicken pesto panini. 2 slices ww bread, each sprayed on the outside with some evoo cooking spray. Spread pesto onto one slice, then top with cut up baked chicken, topped with roasted red peppers, then sprinkled lightly with low-fat mozzerella cheese, then topped with the other piece of bread. I ate this with some cherries.



snack-none



Today's workout:



Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 (approx 60 min of cardio/strength training) -burned 580 cal

p90x core synergistics- burned 280 calories

I would have burned more during p90x but my lovely daughter was in the room with me and kept crawling under me while I was in plank, or took over my yoga mat while I was trying to do my "Superman-banana" rolls...so I didn't get in all my reps and I didn't stick around for the bonus round.

0 comments:

Post a Comment